It’s not surprising that a destination like Victoria, BC boasts a large number of top notch eateries. TripAdvisor, a trusted resource, has come up with a list of the top 20 restaurants based on reviews posted by visitors to their site.
The mild mediterranean climate in the Greater Victoria area is not only popular with visitors and residents; it also provides favorable growing conditions for local farmers. Combined with the burgeoning locavore movement, the area is seeing more small scale farmers, who can supply area restaurants with a wide range of fresh produce and meats. Often these small-scale producers are opting to grow organically, or at least pesticide, antibiotic and growth hormone free.
The best local restaurants benefit from all this fresh, clean food, and so, in turn, do their customers. The slow food and locavore movements have produced a lot of people who are knowledgeable about good food, and many are happy to offer their reviews to websites like TripAdvisor, who have become authorities by, and for the public.
The top 20 Greater Victoria Restaurants according to reviews on TripAdvisor are:
1. White Heather Tea Room www.whiteheather-tearoom.com/ (250)-595-8020 (British, high tea)
2. Mo:Le Restaurant www.molerestaurant.ca/ (250)-385-6653 (Eclectic, organic breakfast and lunch)
3. Red Fish Blue Fish www.redfish-bluefish.com/ (250) 298-6877 (Seafood)
4. Brasserie L’ecole www.lecole.ca (250) 475-6261/ (Casual french)
5. IL Terrazzo www.ilterrazzo.com/ (250) 361-0028 (Italian)
6. Bon Rouge Bistro www.bonrouge.ca/(250) 220-8008 (French inspired)
7. John’s Place Restaurant www.johnsplace.ca/ (250) 389-0711 (Diner style breakfast, lunch and dinner)
8. Restaurant Matisse www.restaurantmatisse.com/ (250) 480-0883 (Fine french dining)
9. Chef Suzi in the Square www.chefsuzi.ca/ (250) 381-8722 (Café style food for breakfast and brunch)
10. Aura Waterfront Restaurant and Patio www.aurarestaurant.ca/ (250) 414 6739 (Contemporary 0ffering water views)
11. Cafe Brio www.cafe-brio.com/ (250) 383-0009 (Contemporary west coast)
12. Lucy’s in the Square www.lucysinthesquare.com/ (778) 430-5829 (Contemporary, locally sourced menu)13. Zambri’s www.zambris.ca/ (250) 360-1171 (Trattoria style Italian)
14. Ferris’ Oyster Bar and Grill www.ferrisoysterbar.com/ (250)-382-2344 (Seafood, steak and pasta)
15. The Tapa Bar www.tapabar.ca/(250) 383-0013 (Spanish tapas, pizza)
16. Pagliacci’s www.pagliaccis.ca/ (250) 386-1662 (Italian theme)
17. Rebar Modern Food www.rebarmodernfood.com/(250) 361-9223 (Extensive vegetarian menu)
18. Blue Fox Cafe (250) 380-1683 (One of Victoria’s most popular breakfast and lunch destinations)
19. Wild Saffron Bistro www.swanshotel.com/bistro.php 250-361-3310 (Bistro style west coast)
20. Black Olive www.theblackolive.ca/ (250) 384-6060 (Mediterranean with a west coast twist)
Next time you are trying to decide where to go out for a bite, consider one of these top 20 Victoria restaurants. Tons of positive reviews on TripAdvisor indicate that a lot of people have enjoyed great meals and service at these establishments!